Sunday, October 25, 2009

A is for apple


and B is for brapple.

So, I finally have internet again, and yes that does mean I am in Charlottesville. I promise I will make more of an effort to get into a groove of at least checking my email in RoVa, just as soon as I stop driving to Charlottesville all the time (wink).

Today was a picture perfect Virginia fall day, complete with changing leaves, football games (Go Pats!), and apple picking. My mom, grandma, and I loaded into my Subaru for the trek up Carter's Mountain. We met my cousin Chelsea and some of her Duke Dog friends at the top and
had a nice time letting our human instincts kick in to hunt and gather. I only got a couple of Pink Lady's, because we all know the real reason to drive up there is for the apple cider donuts, and they did not disappoint. I would like to share one unsettling thought, in all the years I have been enjoying appleness on the top of that mountain I have never experienced such a huge crowd. There were people everywhere, and tons of apples rotting on the ground, and traffic lining the winding road to the top. I know that more people mean bigger sales for the Carter's Mountain crew, but it still made me sad that one of the more relaxing fall events has now turned into another time to fight a crowd.



I am still adoring RoVa and this past Friday walked downtow
n for a couple of drinks. My Minnesota friends and Leah went to Corned Beef for some appetizers and some really good talks, you can just ask the guys who eaves dropped the entire time. Later Leah and I grabbed some brews at the sushi bar and then headed across the street to Blues, the local jazz joint. There was live music and good drinks, I couldn't really as for anything more. Right now my most enjoyable moments in the city have been when I've had the chance to walk across the foot bridge to downtown just to wander and find my own favorite places.

Work is good, friends are better.
Love to all,
-kiki.

1 comment:

  1. :) glad you're loving it. Sorry I missed you, I'll come back down that way again! Have a great week

    ReplyDelete