Tuesday, November 24, 2009

thanksNewk-ing week

the outlook is far from bleak.

Where to begin... per usual I have spent minimal time in my fair city of RoVa and oodles of it on the road. Rachel's sister, Becca, has gone through labor and come out the other side with a son, Brisan (pronounced bry-son). He is adorable and is helping me conquer my fears that all b
abies look and act like aliens. One small step for aliens, one giant step for Kirsten Newcomb.

This past weekend I was able to go to Richmond VA to celebrate my college friend Mel's quarter of a century mark. We got to see her new posh living space in downtown RVa, went out to dinner with a bunch of friends, and I was even able to catch up for a bit with Ginger! The next hungover morning we went to Godfrey's for a little drag queen brunch. It was a tiny room packed with women drinking at 11am instead of being a church while watching drag queens perform and handing them one dollar bills. I have already decided that while Cara may be accross several miles of oceans and lands, that I can in fact celebrate her birth and Toffs birth and their love with a little drag show action. Stay tuned for dates, I will gladly drive three hours just to go back to Godfrey's. Below is Amandas, Mel (the birthday girl), and Rachel, plus one of our favorite girls.

I drove up to JMU on Saturday to watch the very last JMU Football game being held at Bridgeforth Stadium. They will begin tearing it down within the month and rebuilding for next season and bigger and badder space for our dukedogs. All the purple and gold made me miss Harrisonburg until I realized all the reasons that I miss it are now spread out over the globe.

Afterwards, I drove back to Charlottesville for an early Thanksgiving. I ate with my parents and Seth on Sunday and tonight I have been invited over to Meg's house for food and drinks. Everytime I come back to Charlottesville I wish I could stay longer but at the same time eager to get back to RoVa. Thanksgiving day marks my first week off of orientation and I no longer have a safety net. Hello scared. Hello life.

Love to all,
-kiki.

No comments:

Post a Comment