Saturday, March 6, 2010

An Ode de Cara

Recently I have found myself thinking about my traveling sister tons. Maybe it's because of the passing of the anniversary of our birth and maybe it's because I bought my ticket to Sydney (I still have to make it to Adelaide but at least I will be on the same continent) and maybe it's because all anyone can talk about these days is weddings. Seriously, Mimi's wedding, Coro's wedding, I work with a girl who is getting married in a couple of weeks, I'm going wedding-bonkers. Not that I don't adore all these love fests it just makes me realize that I don't live with a best friend. And I suppose when I think of best friends I think of Bean and our shared history so here is a small list of the things I have been thinking about:
  • How did we get split? I mean she is always a better writer and in general was better in social studies classes than I was, and I got stuck with the science/math genes? Doesn't that seem a little odd to anyone? If we have similar genetic make-ups shouldn't we at least be good at the same things? Believe it. Or not. Where's Ripley when we need him?
  • Why is it that when we were younger and Cara couldn't fold laundry (seriously, she really can't, the clothes turn out like lumpy packages) so I would fold the laundry, why didn't I do a swap of some kind. A chore for a chore. That seems logical, but alas I did fold the laundry only because her half would be refolded anyway. So listen up Cara, I am hereby invoking years of chore for a chore and no longer will do your chores. And I say that with love of course.
  • Does anyone else remember Cara in gym class? All I ever think about when I'm on the treadmill and my pony tail is swaying, is the funny little way Cara's tiny pony tail would boink boink boink up and down as she ran like a kangaroo. Hahah, it always makes me smile. And funnier yet, maybe that's why she's in Oz. Hey Bean: do you run down there, and if so, do you feel at home with the 'roos? Teehehe.
  • Or how about her tingers? Really. Tingers
  • "Mrs.BAHnfield sayid I didn' haf to eat my rAIsins" When we were in kindergarten in Maine, where did she get a southern accent from?

Now this list may seem like I'm picking on her, but really it is a list of all the little things that I miss. Things that Skype can't pick up on and we could write a book on our childhood and all the little things that happen that still make us laugh. Well I suppose I wanted to write this list to share that I remember all those little things and more. Anyone else got a good Cara story?

As much love as ever forever,

Kiki.

1 comment:

  1. aaahahaha. That SO made me chuckle :-) And my theory is that neither of us was predisposed to be better at any certain thing, we just chose separate things to be good at so neither of us would steal the others thunder. AND you are STILL the ONLY person who has EVER found my toes to be weird! So face it sis, perhaps it is YOUR stubby little toes that are the weird ones! Also: I still can't fold clothes. No idea why, I try!! Toff actually just made a comment about how when 'we' do our laundry (meaning 'cara')
    'we' just pile them on the floor...and then I exclaimed - hey! those ARE folded!! :-) tehe, woops. And no, I do not run down here....and I'm gonna blame you, btdubs, for making me dislike running. :)
    K, love you! Thanks for the little road trip :)
    <3 Bean

    ReplyDelete