Thursday, April 29, 2010

Miss adventures of overtime.


Please IRS, save me some dimes.

Carilion has banished it's hotel benefit for commuting nurses, which means a.) the hospital saves money and b.) the nurses stop comming. This is how I am currently on my fourth week of working overtime and how tomorrow I will hopefully see a paycheck that mimics my hard work.

Consequently I no longer am able to take long weekends to anywhere besides the backs of my eyelids. Though I am tired, several things keep me going:
We have begun bi-weekly ibternational dinner dates with some other sleepless nurses recounting the hysterics and hilarity that accompanies the ACE unit. Our first conquest was Ben Gui for sushi. Not everyone enjoys the freshest of fish so up next is Issac's for hummus and pitas.
This weekend is the annual Strawberry festival, which means on my one day off I will be enjoying strawberries, live music, and a chilli cooking contest inside a beer garden in downtown Roanoke (which I can literally see from my window) between the hours of 10 and 5.
Hour long phone calls from my sister and mother have made several of my nights and breaks.
I have finished the latest book in Diaba Gabaldons series and am finally free to start Eat Pray Love, which I did start reading today and am already hooked!

So, life is busy but there is a light on at the end of the tunnel and it's abbreviated AUS.

Love and miss and sleep,
Kiki

Oz countdown: 61 days

No comments:

Post a Comment