Thursday, September 10, 2009

i loath packing



its enjoyment is severely lacking.

number of days left in Charlottesville: 3
number of boxes packed: 9

I have official dates for my trek to Roanoke (which I have affectionately dubbed "RoVa"). I am headed down south on Sunday to sign the lease and get a parking pass on Monday the 14th. My mother and the moving company who will "not allow anyone but the movers to touch your belongings once they arrive" will be following with all my worldly possessions on Tuesday. I begin my new job and career (all at the same time!) on September 21st giving me ample time to at least find my way from my apartment building to the hospital. YAY! I am a big kid now. I am also trading in the Saab for several years car payments to finally have a
working car stereo (oh yeah and a car that functions).

In other news, I had my last day ever waitressing today and I have never been so happy! Afterwards I met my wonderful friends Meg and Celia at the Balkan Bakery, a little place that our highschool friend Nemanja Cetic and his mother opened in downtown Charlottesville. It was delicious and I got the biggest piece of Baklava you've ever seen in your entire life.

I have finished my "hands"! They came out way better than I expected! Circa (a shop devoted to strange and eclectic vintage items) sells old ceramic display hands. I think they are super neat and tried for several months to come up with something to make with them and finally hit jackpot. I spray painted them and attached them to bases to make an Orginial Kiki Jewelry Stand (or "okay jays). This one is the one I painted for myself and I also made one for my niece Alyssa, who I am sure will be extatic once she recieve
s it.

love all around,
-kiki.


1 comment:

  1. packing stinks. i need a new "RoVA" address for you. love!

    ReplyDelete