Tuesday, September 1, 2009

back to oz they go


they'll be back I know.

This past weekend we had a send off party for Cara and Toff (better known as "Boomerang Express") at the Newcomb Lake House in Bumpass, VA. (And yes, I did spell Bumpass correctly and yes it is a place, google it). They are leaving tomorrow to drive to Alexandria where they will spend one last night with Mimi "Baby C" McNewk before hopping on a plane to San Fransico and then three days later onto ano
ther towards Oz Land.

We had a wonderful weekend with wonderful friends. Although many of us ended up with sunburns and soreness I am sure we wouldn't change a thing. Some highlights include but are not limited to: a mini high school reunion picture, Brooke Short rockin' the wake boards, Taylor Cope enjoying the stars, Kevin Fitzpatrick teach my niece Alanna to load a squirt gun, Toff's friend Sam arriving at 4pm and leaving at 5am just to see them off, and Toff, Huy, and Liam tipping over the canoe in the middle of the no wake zone. I had oodles of fun and am so glad that everyone who was able to made it.

In other news, I was asked to be maid of honor at my beautiful sisters wedding! I'm so happy I may start crying which is awful because I have been doing that a lot lately. We were wandering aro
und Michaels (or as Mimi likes to call it "shitholeshithole") when she handed me stickers of drinks with umbrellas, an ugly dress, and a wedding dress and then said "don't say I never gave you an ugly dress." Oh how I loves her. She is my most favoritest thing. ever.

So, lets keep Cara and Toff in our hearts and thoughts and feel free to pray to whomever or whatever makes you feel happy, safe, and content that they make it to OZ safe and sound.

Mucho love,
-kiki.

1 comment:

  1. I had an awesome time, as I always do in Bumpass! I'll be missing all my Newcombs this year (including Toff), whether they be oz-ing or roanoke-ing. Love.

    ReplyDelete