Saturday, August 22, 2009

home again home again


jiggity jig.

Cara and Toff have landed home safe in Virginia as well as Stephi, Toff's sister, all the way from Oz! They picked her up in D.C. and I met them there on Wednesday night to camp out at Mimi's new Alexandria abode. We took the metro to Old Town Alexandria, walked about, ate at an amazing Thai Restaurant, and the Americans all bought Obama shirts (I know I know, a little past the craze but better than never).

After a four hour traffic jam, Toff, Stephi, Cara, and I made it safely to Harrisonburg where we ate at our favorite place, The Artful Dodger. Then we walked down the street to the Yellow Button to peer in the windows and it turns out Miranda still had the shop open! The Yellow Button is a little shop that our friend Miranda openned recently in downtown Hbg and the walls we helped paint were beautiful.

Last night we took Stephi to the downtown mall to visit Christian's and fridays, a complete success :) Afterwards, Coro, Tayl
or, and Meg came over for a mini reunion and we sat outside enjoying the glorious night. It was wonderful to sit and have fun with some old friends that I am going to dearly miss (as I have accepted a position on 10 west at Carilion hospital in Roanoke). I've begun an apartment search and hoping that my friend from nursing school will be willing to move into a place in downtown Roanoke with me, so fingers crossed.

The books I ordered on Amazon finally arrived today and I am in love with Sookie and Bill all over again (seriously, if you love TrueBlood you must read the books). That's all for now so stay happy and healthy.

Love to all,
-kiki.

1 comment:

  1. Kiki. You rock! I'll miss you when you leave.. but Roanoke isn't sooooo far away-- so you better expect some visits this fall :)

    ReplyDelete