Sunday, September 13, 2009

tinted windows don't mean nothing

they know who's inside.

number of days left in Charlottesville: 1
number of boxes packed: 21

I got a new car on Friday and it's super delicious. It's a five speed AND it has a working radio, I think the antennae is actually built in because I can't find it, but that's another plus because no one can break it off! Papa Newk and I attached my JMU Alumni sticker to the back (hello priority) and my first payment is due in October... eek!

Other than that I've been doing a lot a lot a lot of packing, which is stinking and I hate it (see previous post). I have also (with the help of dear old Mom and Dad) been spray painting a floor lamp, cleaning the lazy boy Tiffany and Shane gave me, and fixing a painting I got from the Lake Monticello community yard sale that Mom and I went to yesterday. I got a ton of new stuff including but not limited to: a china set (it's pretty, when I unpack I'll take a picture of it), 12 cup coffee pot, microwave, toaster, lazy boy, coffee table, and much much more. It was a very successful day but alas no couches were found. I do have my eye on a nice cedar blanket chest that the lady Sandra is going to let me come look at today.

Dad and Mom went out to the lake house with Sophi and Seth leaving me the house to destroy with boxes. Five trees got taken down at the lake house this week and the addition schedule is moving right along. I hope that tonight I will be far enough along in my packing to cook a delicious dinner with Meg, Celia, and Brooke. And then, that's right, we'll be camping out at Coro and Taylor's for the TrueBlood season finale, so do not feel free to call between 9-11 (just to be safe, we sometimes pause it).

I am scared but excited about my move, I just hope I make friends, though none can compare to the ones I've had in Charlottesville. I am super lucky that my high school friends and I have remained so close and I hope that the two hour drive won't detract from that. But who wouldn't want to go to a Martinsville Nascar race with me? :)

southern love and kisses,
-kiki.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for a rockin' dinner. hope moving went well, miss you already!

    ReplyDelete