Saturday, August 13, 2011

Oh Sookie...

Last night Cara and Toff both had to work at the Victory Hotel, a bar/restaurant with an amazing view of the ocean front, and I was left (cue Celion Dion) all by myself. Cara ran back inside after Toff had already started the car to remind me there are no open container laws here. After having successfully made it to and from the beach with the pups and with Cara I was confident I could find the path alone. So with a rum and coke in hand I headed out, just one problem, all the times I had made the trip we had gone completely different ways. After I had walked back and forth a couple of times, a feeling that I couldn't find the "room of requirement" began to invade me and I tucked tail, missing the incredible sunset. Sad face. This morning Cara was kind enough to pull up google maps and I was in fact standing almost in front of the entrance.

After my failed attempt at walking (sigh, can I blame this one on being blond? Thanks Ma) I planted myself on the couch, successfully made a fire in the potbelly stove, and curled up to watch the third season of Trueblood (Thanks Audrey!). Maybe I'll try the path again today, I can only fail so many times right? But for now...
Love and hugs and smoochies,
-Kiki.

No comments:

Post a Comment