Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cara got me drunk...

 That's right people, Cara, the Preggers, peer pressured me to drink by myself. She insisted that since her and Toff are now boring-married-pregnant people, I deserved a day of fun. And "fun" in our books is classified as day drinking. To be fair I have to do research for when we have visitors (in the near future, wink wink nudge nudge) so that we may easily hop in the car and head to my favorite spot. When Cara first suggested that wine tasting be our agenda for the day, I thought awesome! it'd be nice to go to one or two places and sip on some fermented grapes, enjoying the winter sunshine.

The weather was so gorgeous it's hard to remember that it was technically still winter. Virginia summer time of humidity bathing you in water as soon as you leave your house is hard enough to handle. If this is winter, will I be able to survive the summer months unbaked? In our sunshine loving mood it was easy to forget how much time had passed, it was only the next day that I realized we had gone to 5. Yeah, 5 wineries, 5 free wine tasting for me. Needless to say by the end of the day I was doneski, and yet Cara still managed to get me to walk to the sunset. After that she tucked me in for a nap and some water, cooked me dinner, and curled up to watch a movie. It was only after the closing credits were finished did I finally feel sober again. Thanks for the wonderful memory forgetting/making day, Bean!
As you all have no doubt been able to piece together, our Ma-Mom-Mommy has finally landed! And what, pray tell, do we end up doing? Why buying baby shower supplies at the local ABC Dan Murphy Store. Cheers!

Love!
-Kiki.
(No Cara's were harmed to consume alcohol for the benefit of this posting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment